Today British Columbia added Family Day as an official holiday for the first time. Happy inaugural Family Day B. C.! As for the other provinces (Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan) that have celebrated Family Day on the third Monday of February for years, happy early Family Day to you, too! For those of you not familiar with this holiday, it was created for families to spend quality time together. In addition, the long weekend breaks up the stretch between New Year’s and Good Friday.
ACTIVE wants to take this opportunity to wish our Burnaby office and B.C. customers a Happy Family Day! But on top of that, our mission is to connect people with the things they love, want and need to do. Since family time fits right into ACTIVE’s mission, we’re excited that Canadian families are celebrating by engaging with some of our customers:
1. YMCA of Greater Vancouver (family programs) – Greater Vancouver Y manages a number of membership centers around the city, each of which offer family programs. Are you heading out to your local Y today for some family activities?
2. City of Burnaby (recreation, museums, skating and more) – The City of Burnaby has put together a number of options for families. From skating to museum visits, recreation opportunities and snowshoeing, Burnaby families will surely be active today.
3. North Vancouver Recreation Commission (family programs) – ‘Northvanrec’ offers a number of ways for families to get active together on Family Day. From family drop-ins to new mother groups, families are spending quality time together in North Vancouver.
4. Whistler Blackcomb (family skiing) – Whistler Blackcomb is offering 50% off lift tickets today! Many families are on the slopes as we speak, enjoying the two beautiful mountains.
5. Panorama Mountain Village (family skiing) – Panorama wants families to enjoy a handful of activities for free as well as 50% off full-day lift tickets for BC residents. On top of that, kids under 8 years old are skiing for free today!
And a happy Family Day to all of our other B. C. customers! Here are a few that are helping get families active today:
To see how other families are spending Family Day, check out #BCfamily day on Twitter. How are you spending Family Day? Comment below.