Have you ever attended a Turkey Trot or Daddy Daughter Dance put on by your local parks and recreation (P&R) department? The organizer has a lot on his or her plate to make sure the event is a success. And if you see some combination of PayPal, paper and pen checklists, and “we accept checks and cash” signs, the P&R faces hours of paperwork.
That’s why we’ve heard from customers about the need for better event management. Lots of P&R organizations want to retire their Excel files for a better system that sells tickets online and has management tools behind the scenes. Now, Active Network is offering its successful ticketing and event registration systems to parks and recreations. In our quest to make the world a more active place, these tools help event organizers put on easier (and therefore more) events that get the community involved.
Here are two tools that will help P&R event organizers and their members:
For reserved seating or general admission events like a play or concert in the park, ticketing software allows for tickets to be sold online and sales to be tracked with reports. Event attendees will benefit from buying tickets more conveniently online and P&R departments will be able to:
- Sell tickets online from a customized page on your website
- Create clickable seating charts and reserved seating options
- Offer promotional codes for discounts
- Allow customers to select mail, will call, or printable ticket options
- Sell multiple events tickets on one transaction
- Reduce paperwork and errors
- View ticket sales and more with real-time reporting
Some events require more participant details. For events like fun runs and conferences, organizers can easily create customized online registration forms, event websites, automated emails, and more with Active’s RegOnline™ system. That way, any type of information (height, age, organization, etc.) can be received and tracked behind the scenes. With event registration software, event managers can:
- Add unlimited custom questions and registration types to your form
- Create event websites with Microsoft Word-type skills
- Design and automate email invitations, reminders, and confirmations
- Access event data and allow attendees to check in through mobile apps
- Use social media sharing to increase reach
- Create powerful reports and send event surveys for better decision making
We’ve been a trusted technology partner to organizations across the US and Canada for over 30 years. Our software solutions have helped P&R departments save time and money with online registration, facility reservation, league management, marketing tools and more. With all aspects of the department running through one system, P&R agencies get more participants, manage activities easily, and build more engaged communities.
And now, with our ticketing and event registration software, we are helping P&R departments organize and manage any kind of community activity or event from start to finish. Easier event management means more events, more participants, and a more active world – one community at a time.
To learn more about our solutions for parks and recreation, click here.