Non-profits have a different goals with their marketing and social media initiatives. Even though the Mashables of the world are great for keeping up with social media trends and how-tos, non-profits need more unique marketing advice sometimes. After doing some research, we found ten great non-profit blogs that will help you with marketing, fundraising, and more:
1. Beth’s Blog: Beth Kanter, co-author of The Networked Nonprofit, discusses social media and networked marketing for nonprofits. With numerous awards and over 400,000 Twitter followers, Beth is influential in the nonprofit and technology world.
2. Nonprofit Tech 2.0: A Social Media Guide for Nonprofits: This blog is a great resource for nonprofit marketers to stay on the cutting edge of tech and social media. With hundreds of thousands of social followers, this blog has a proven fan base.
3. John Haydon’s Social Media Marketing for Nonprofits: John Haydon, author of Facebook Marketing for Dummies, discusses social media marketing for nonprofits on his blog.
4. Kivi’s Nonprofit Communications Blog: Kivi Leroux Miller, author of The Nonprofit Marketing Guide, helps do-it-yourself nonprofit marketers succeed with tips and articles on her blog.
5. Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog: Katya Andresen, author of Robin Hood Marketing, writes about non-profit marketing, fundraising, and social media.
6. Getting Attention: Nancy Schwartz is a consultant and speaker who discusses relevant news, compiles nonprofit job opportunities, and writes about marketing bests practices on her blog.
7. Cause Marketing: Paul Jones covers the best and worst of cause marketing campaigns and promotions on his blog.
8. Future Fundraising Now: Jeff Brooks is a creative director who blogs about all things fundraising. With concise posts, each article will give you a new tip or perspective quickly.
9. Nonprofit Communicator Blog: This blog on Community Media Workshop covers online and offline communication topics with a creative twist and from different viewpoints.
10. Frog Loop: This nonprofit marketing blog has a handful of writers who cover mostly newer tactics like social media, content marketing, and more.
11 (*Bonus). Community Organizer 2.0: Debra Askanase is an engagement strategist who covers social media on her blog.