Exercise, eating a balanced diet and participating in leisure activities are important to Art. Art’s age group is becoming more and more involved in sporting events such as charity walks, 5Ks and biking events. Marketers that reach Active Seniors connect with an influential consumer group with a zest for a life.
They are redefining what it means to be senior
Not satisfied to take the traditional retirement path, our Active Seniors redefine what it means to be seniors.
They are busy and active - close to 40% have post grad degrees and almost 50% are still working.
They are motivated to enjoy their senior years
Top 3 motivators for working out:
- Physical health – 93%
- Personal gratification – 73%
- Because it’s fun – 67%
They enjoy being active in all parts of their life
- 45% are participating in physical activity 5 – 6 times per week
- 17% are participating 7 times per week
- 53% belong to a health club
They enjoy a variety of activities
- 70% enjoy reading, 67% enjoy travel and 48% enjoy surfing the web/e-mailing and chatting
- Almost half (48%) spend 5 – 14 hours per week online
- Their favorite sports are: Walking (68%), Cycling (47%), Running (45%) and Hiking (36%)
- 70% “empty nesters” with HH of 2
- 48% still work (22% full-time, 11% part-time, 15% self employed)
- 50% retired
- Approx 40% have post grad degrees
- 28% with HH Income of $100K +
- 33% with HH Income of $60K - $100K
Want to reach the Active Senior?