Rick enjoys running in the morning and likes to go to the gym to lift weights 2-3 days a week. On Saturdays, Rick goes on longer runs before he begins his day. Rick works out frequently with his girlfriend in the morning before work. Rick is goal oriented and usually signs up for 2 to 3 half marathons per year. He exercises to stay healthy and relieve stress, as well as maintain his physique.
They’re goal oriented
Top 4 motivators for working out :
- Physical health
- Personal gratification
- Stress relief
- Because it’s fun
They’re committed to athletics
- 50% are participating in physical activity 5 – 6 times per week
- 31% are participating in physical activity 3 - 4 times per week
- 14% are participating 7 times per week
- 61% belong to a health club
- Over half would strongly agree or agree that they are a “trendsetter” when it comes to trying new products first
- 76% strongly agree or agree that their friends/family frequently ask them questions about health and fitness
They have a wide range of interests
By far the largest and broadest group of athletes within our network, runners make up a significant portion of our consumers – from 5K runners to marathoners to ultra distance runners – running truly is the sport of the people.
Runners also are dedicated athletes with a wide interest in other sports as well as outdoor activities
- 60% Female, 40% Male
- Median Age = 39
- Marital Status = 62% Married, 22% Single
- HHI = 100K+ (37%), 60K – 100K (30%)
- Education = 40% College, 37% Post Grad
Want to reach the Endurance Runner?