La Jolla, Calif. – July 7, 2000 – From the Pyrenees to the Champs-Elysées, cycling and sports enthusiasts can keep pace with the pack through Active.com’s online coverage of the Tour de France. Log on to www.active.com and get the most extensive up-to-date coverage, outside a live satellite broadcast, of the world’s greatest bike race.
Throughout the Tour, Active.com ~ a leading online sports registration company backed by investors such as defending champion Lance Armstrong ~ is featuring live chats and radio interviews with key players from the world of cycling. From Active.com’s site, visitors can also access interactive course maps, feature articles and historical information, and weekly photo galleries.
Special site features include:
- Live online chat with Chris Carmichael, Lance Armstrong’s coach, from Courcheval, France on July 14. U.S. Postal Team member George Hincapie joins Active.com on July 17.
- Weekly radio interviews, via Active.com’s Sports You Do online radio show, with U.S. Postal Team member Kevin Livingston and former Olympic cyclist Davis Phinney.
- Weekly quotes and commentary from Livingston.
- Interactive, detailed course maps with stage descriptions and elevations.
- Exclusive content including features about Tour history, a beginner’s guide to watching the race, a Tour gear feature and previews and profiles of stages and riders.
- 2000 rider preview, list of teams and riders.
Active.com will host coverage of the Tour through July 31, including detailed wrap-up reports.
As the leading online registration company for participatory sports and recreational activities, La Jolla-based Active.com (www.active.com) solves age-old problems for event, league and park administrators by moving their inefficient, paper-based registration process to the Web. Through the company’s powerful set of data management tools, Active.com is saving event, league and park administrators time and money while improving their communications with participants. For participants, Active.com provides the most comprehensive worldwide database to find, learn about and register for sports and recreational activities online. The company has exclusive partnerships with sports national governing bodies and major Internet and media outlets. For more information, visit www.active.com or call 1-888-543-7223.