6th Year of Online Tour Coverage Includes Sweepstakes Prizes for a Trip to the 2006 Tour, Giro Helmets, Framesets from Cervélo Cycles, Rudy Project Sunglasses, and More
SAN DIEGO, CA - June 30, 2005 - Tour de France 2005 kicks off July 2nd and fans can once again turn to Active.com (www.active.com) for comprehensive online coverage, including daily stage updates, news, photos, daily e-newsletters, and a Web experience that offers trivia games, gear and equipment giveaways, and a trip to next year's Tour.
Celebrating the 6th year of its special Tour de France Web site section, Active.com is providing fans the following features:
- "The Daily Tour" e-newsletter with updates and insight from Outdoor Life Network and Active.com.
- Daily blog from former pro cyclist Kevin Livingston, including front-row perspective from the Tour.
- Coverage from Outdoor Life Network, including commentary from Tour analysts Phil Liggett, Paul Sherwen, Bob Roll and Al Trautwig, as well as daily video clips.
- Four day/three night luxury trip for two to Paris for the Tour de France 2006 from Velo Echappé Sports International. Includes roundtrip airfare and four-star accommodations (Retail: $4,990).
- Three prizes from Cervélo Cycles, including two Cervélo Carbon Soloist framesets (the same carbon fiber bicycle frames used by Team CSC and Tour contender Ivan Basso) and one P3 Carbon frameset (Retail for each: $2,999 US).
- Five Polar S725 TE cycling computers with integrated heart monitors and new features. (Retail: $369.95).
- Five prizes from Giro helmets, including two Monza helmets (Retail: $99.99 US); two Pneumo helmets (Retail: $139.99 US); and one Atmos helmet (Retail: $189.99 US).
- Zipp 404 wheelsets, including one pair of 404 clinchers (Retail: $1,600) and its new carbon fiber handlebar and stem combo (Retail: $550).
- 21 daily prizes from Rudy Project: Technically Cool Eyewear, including one pair from its Tour de France limited collection for every stage of the Tour. Includes the Ekynox SX TDF (Retail: $135 US); the Rydon TDF (Retail: $145 US); and the Kalyos TDF (Retail: $115).
Active.com will host coverage of the Tour, which runs from July 2 through July 24, at www.active.com/tdf2005. Active.com is a service of The Active Network, Inc., a company backed by investors that include six-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong.
Active.com (www.active.com), a service of The Active Network, Inc. and a leading online destination for active lifestyles, provides one of the Web's most comprehensive resources to find, learn about and register online for participatory events and activities. Consumers can search the site's online database and find events in more than 50 sports, in cities nationwide, throughout the year. Participants can also access exercise, nutrition and health information to help maintain fitness goals. Other Active.com services include ActiveAdvantage, a customized membership benefits program for active lifestyles; and effective, interactive online training programs to track training progress online. For more information, visit www.active.com.
Shelly Burnside, The Active Network
firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-964-3813