LA JOLLA, Calif. - December 1, 2003 - Once again, event organizers are getting some additional promotional help from Active.com during the holiday season. Through Active.com's ?Winter Runderland' Web page, organizers can increase awareness and participation for their holiday races while promoting the multiple charities associated with their events. With race information and online registration for more than 200 holiday runs and winter activities, Winter Runderland (www.active.com/winter_runderland) provides a quick and easy online resource for friends and families trying to stay active during the holidays by participating in seasonal walks, runs, and even snowshoe races.
At www.active.com/winter_runderland, participants can choose from more than 60 Jingle Bell Runs, Life Time Fitness Reindeer Runs in multiple states, and a variety of other holiday events from the Santa Claus Shuffle and Snowflake Sprint to the Egg Nog Jog. Many events raise money for causes or charities, including organizations such as The Arthritis Foundation and Toys for Tots. Participants can also donate online when they register by using Active.com's Active Giving service. Free for event organizers, Active Giving (www.ActiveGiving.com) is easy to set up as part of an event's online registration service.
"Whether you're traveling or staying home during the holidays, our Winter Runderland Web page provides one point of access for holiday events around the country," said Dave Alberga, chief executive officer of The Active Network, parent company of Active.com. "The Web page helps organizers get the word out about their events and offers one of the most comprehensive sources for winter activities friends and families can do together for a good cause."
Here's a sample of Winter Runderland events:
- Village Runner 5K - 7th Annual Christmas Run/Walk 2003 & Little Elves Dash for Kids (Redondo Beach, California) December 6, 2003
- Kansas City Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis (Overland Park, Kansas) December 7, 2003
- Yuletide Stride (Boston, Massachusetts) December 7, 2003
- Loma Linda Holiday Classic 5K/15K Run & Walk & Elves Trot for Children (Loma Linda, California) December 7, 2003
- 16th Jingle Jog 5K/Jr. 2K/Elf Run (Atlanta, Georgia) December 13, 2003
- Christmas Rush Fun Run/Walk (Kent, Washington) December 13, 2003
- Beaver Creek Snowshoe Adventure Series (Beaver Creek, Colorado) December 13, 2003; January 10, 2004; February 21, 2004; March 13, 2004
- Life Time Fitness Reindeer Runs (5k runs or walks in multiple states): Minneapolis, MN December 6, 2003; Columbus, Ohio December 13, 2003; Troy, Michigan December 13, 2003; Indianapolis, Indiana December 13, 2003; Tempe, Arizona December 14, 2003; Warrenville, Illinois December 14, 2003
Active.com's Winter Runderland page also promotes Resolution Runs, or New Year's Day events, to help people stick with health and fitness resolutions for the coming year. The company hosts several seasonal Web pages throughout the year, including its annual Turkey Trot Web page which promotes over 175 Thanksgiving-themed events taking place throughout November. Active.com works with more than 85 Turkey Trots on Thanksgiving Day, making this the highest number of single-theme events occurring on a single day, according to the company.
In addition, Active.com works with more than 100 winter sports organizations, offering online membership and race registration for 500 of the country's largest winter events. Major clients include Eastern Freestyle Skiing (www.eastfree.org), American Cross-Country Skiers (www.xskiworld.com), the United States Skiing Association (www.ussa.org), and the United States of America Snowboarding Association (www.active.com/winter_runderland/ or call 888.543.7223. Event organizers can post their events on Active.com or add online donation by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, visiting www.active.com/myevent , or calling 1-888-543-7223 ext 5.