Find Events, Register Online at www.active.com, Get Active in 2005
LA JOLLA, CA. - January 24, 2005 - Whether it's running a marathon or simply walking a few extra miles each week, millions of Americans are looking for fun, easy ways to get active in 2005. Active.com (www.active.com) offers one of the best Web resources to set a fitness goal, stick to it, and see results.
Get started at Active.com:
- Online calendar of events, online registration:
Participating in events is the place to start. Search, learn about and register online for thousands of events and activities in over 50 sports nationwide, from 5K runs and marathons to cycling races and triathlons.
- Online TrainingPeaks plans:
Start an online training program using TrainingPeaks, one of the most efficient and user-friendly services for planning, logging and tracking workouts and training. Build customized plans and choose workouts, interact with virtual coaches, and track calories and nutrients online. (www.trainingpeaks.com)
Save time and money on training and event travel with ActiveAdvantage's customized membership program. Get discounts on sports gear, airfare, lodging, transportation, even online event registration fees. (www.active.com/activeadvantage)
Worth a Look:
- Marathon Mania: If completing a marathon is a 2005 goal, access a list of races nationwide, online registration, training plans and nutrition tips at www.active.com/marathon/
- Give it a Tri: At this one-stop-shop for first-time triathletes, search, find and register online for a triathlon and get equipped for race day with a beginner's gear guide at www.active.com/give_tri/
- Century Challenge: Join fellow riders in an organized, non-competitive century ride. Register for one of the many 100-mile cycling events listed online and get ready for an upcoming ride with hydration and training tips from cycling experts at www.active.com/century_challenge/
- Message Boards: Find a training partner, discuss hot new gear or nutrition tips, or connect for a race at http://messageboards.active.com
- Gear Guide: Read reviews on the latest cutting-edge gear for running, cycling and triathlon, from cycling shoes and MP3 players to wetsuits and running strollers at www.active.com/gearguide/
Visit www.active.com and get active in 2005!