Little League® Network, Online Registration and Web Sites Central to Eight-Year Deal
LA JOLLA, CA. - January 12, 2005 - The Active Network, Inc., a leading technology provider to the participatory activities and non-profit sectors, has extended its partnership with Little League® Baseball (www.littleleague.org), the leading youth sports organization, through 2007 for customized Web tools and services. Since 1999, the company has been the official and exclusive provider of Little League Baseball online registration and Web sites, establishing a centralized online network to streamline administration across the districts and deliver Web services to enhance participation. Today, the Little League® Network is a core resource for all Little League volunteers and participants.
"Web services from The Active Network have become an important part of the community Little League experience and have helped us extend the benefits of this technology to thousands of Little Leagues worldwide," said Stephen D. Keener, president and chief executive officer, Little League International. "I encourage all of our members to take advantage of this innovative relationship and utilize these valuable tools and services for the efficient operation of the local Little League."
Highlights of the relationship include:
- Thousands of parents across the country have registered their children online to participate in Little League
- More than 100,000 Little League teams are part of the Little League Network
- 95% of all Little League districts have official Web sites, including more than 4,000 league sites
- Over 800,000 game schedules and results have been posted on official sites
- Little League volunteers have uploaded and displayed one million images on team sites
- Members have submitted more than 1,140,000 rosters electronically to Little League headquarters via the Network Data Center
Explained Gregg Vincent, vice president, The Active Network, Inc. and head of the company's team sports division, "Our goal has been to help Little League Baseball integrate technology into its operations without the headaches and expense, and at the same time, enhance the experience and participation. Five years later, our technology is still making an impact for volunteers, players and parents throughout the organization. We're looking forward to continuing this level of service into the future, enriching the Little League community.
Developed and powered by The Active Network, the Little League Network is the first, centralized and official Web resource for Little League Baseball. The Little League Network features:
- Data Center - a secure gateway between league and district officials and Little League headquarters for electronic roster submittal or reporting local officer elections, accessing charter information or ordering publications or merchandise.
- Customized Web sites - offers easy-to-build, customized sites that help coaches, players and parents communicate. News, photos and schedules can be easily posted; online registration can be added right to the site.
- Integrated online registration - provides an easy, secure registration option right from Little League Web sites. Parents can register day or night and pay with a credit card in just minutes. The service eliminates paperwork and check processing and is free to administrators.
The Active Network, Inc.
The Active Network, Inc., an Inc. 500 company, is a leading provider of application and marketing services for the participatory activities and non-profit sectors. Organizations of all size use the company's application services to automate information collection, activity registration, facility reservation, membership and fundraising management. The Active Network's application services provide the technology to help organizations increase efficiency, while reducing the cost and complexity of managing community activities and fundraising events. The company's marketing services offer integrated online and field marketing campaigns to reach active consumers. Its consumer properties also offer a one-stop shop of services for the active lifestyle. The Active Network delivers services to the largest customer base in its market, including local governments, non-profit and educational organizations, consumer product corporations, and national sports associations throughout the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. For more information, please visit www.theactivenetwork.com or call 1-888-543-7223.