Last week, we shared 10 Ways to Promote Love and Heart Health for Valentine’s Day, to encourage participation within your organization. As soon as the last rose petal drops, everyone’s thoughts will move forward to the next milestone: Spring break.
Spring break marks a milestone in our year for many reasons: We’ve survived the long winter, the days are getting longer, spring flowers have sprung and for many, it’s an annual fitness goal. Resolutions are made in January, and cashed in (or not) come spring break when swimsuits abound. We’re about halfway there, and now is a great time to incentivize your members to keep up with their goals (and membership).
7 Spring Break Promotion Ideas
- Personal training – Offer flash sales with deep discounts for personal training. Feeling the clock tick down to that beach vacation? Register for your promotion within 48 hours and trainers take over, kicking members into high gear.
- Boot camps – Similarly, offer more intensive boot camps options for members looking to drop the winter pounds and build more muscle – fast.
- Kids offerings – For those of you offering education and childcare services, remember that working parents are looking for a safe, fun and worthwhile place for their kids to spend their break from school. Art camps, sports camps, LEGO camps and day camps could be popular with families this time of year.
- Contests – Offer contests on social media to encourage more participation in your facility. Think: Five workouts in a week and enroll in a drawing for a free massage.
- Countdown – In-facility and online, publicize and organize a “Countdown to Spring Break” series, offering a diversity of offerings to build strength and burn calories.
- Nutrition – To entice new members, offer a free 30-minute consultation with a dietitian for all new memberships.
- Custom packages – Consider creating custom Spring Break or Beach Body combos of any of the above.
It may be cold outside now, but it’ll be spring before you know it. We know as well as you do that fitness results take commitment, effort and TIME. Don’t waste a second helping your members hit the goals they want for Spring Break 2017.