As we speak, thousands of park and recreation professionals are descending upon Anaheim, CA. It’s NRPA’s (National Recreation and Park Association) annual Congress & Exposition! From October 16 – 18, participants will attend receptions, speaking sessions, workshops, meetings, a trade show, 5K Fun Run/Walk, and more. ACTIVE Network will be there as well!
Whether you can or cannot make it this year, here’s what you need to know:
What it’s all about:
How you can meet up with ACTIVE:
Exhibit booth #1743:
- Stop by our booth on Tuesday from 10:30 AM – 5:00 PM or on Wednesday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Enter to win an iPad at our booth! (See rules and regulations here)
- Learn how you can save time and money with recreation management software
- The Fundamentals to Boost Participation: A Case Study Approach
- Claire Vignon, Online Marketing Specialist at ACTIVE Network, Communities
- Thursday, October 18, 2012 from 8:00 – 9:15 AM
- Room 210B – Anaheim Convention Center
Learning Outcome #1: Explain how to optimize your website to drive registrations.
Learning Outcome #2: Describe how to capture and keep a growing audience with effective emails.
Learning Outcome #3: Identify methods to leverage social media to generate word of mouth about your programs.
If you can’t make it this year, there are some great ways to follow the discussion online.
- Attend the NRPA Virtual Congress – Live
- Subscribe to this blog to get our post-Congress takeaways (see the “Join the Conversation” box in the top right_
- Follow the Twitter hashtag discussion here: