LA JOLLA, CA. - December 6, 2004 - With the holidays right around the corner, Active.com is once again offering its ?Winter Runderland' Web page. Winter Runderland (www.active.com/winter_runderland) offers race information and online registration for more than 200 holiday runs and winter activities. Participants can choose from a variety of Jingle Bell Runs, Life Time Fitness Reindeer Runs, Santa Claus Shuffles, Egg Nog Jogs or even snowshoe races. The Web page provides a quick and easy online resource for friends and families trying to stay active during the holidays by adding a seasonal run or walk to their list of holiday traditions.
"Our Winter Runderland Web page provides a great tool for those people looking to maintain their health and fitness goals over the holiday season and into the New Year," explained Dave Alberga, chief executive officer of The Active Network, parent company of Active.com. "With a comprehensive list of winter events benefiting various causes, the Web page will help friends and families stay active while giving back to the worthwhile charities involved."
Many of the Winter Runderland events raise money for causes or charities, including organizations such as The Arthritis Foundation, American Cancer Society and Toys for Tots. Active.com also offers participants the option to donate online at the time they register by using the company's online donation service, ActiveGiving?. Using ActiveGiving, participants can make pledges online and even create personalized Web sites to start their own donation effort for an organization's cause.
Here's a sample of Winter Runderland events from December through March:
- 17th Jingle Jog 5K/Jr. 2K/Elf Run (Atlanta, Georgia) - December 11, 2004
- Santa Claus Shuffle 5K Race & 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk (Norfolk, Virginia) - December 11, 2004
- San Francisco Holiday Run 2004 (San Francisco, California) - December 12, 2004
- 2004 Starbucks Coffee Jingle Bell Run (Dallas, Texas) -December 14, 2004
- Life Time Fitness Reindeer Runs (5K runs or walks in multiple states):
- Warrenville, Illinois - December 12, 2004
- Columbus, Ohio - December 18, 2004
- Tempe, Arizona - December 19, 2004
- Winter Waddle 5K (Edina, Minnesota) - December 26, 2004
- 2005 Resolution Run 5K (Hillsborough, New Jersey) - January 1, 2005
- Nookachamps Winter Runs (Mt. Vernon, Washington) - January 15, 2005
- Winter Carnival Half Marathon & Frozen 5K (St. Paul, Minnesota) - February 27, 2005
- Alpina-Madshus Stampede Nordic Ski Race (Winter Park, Colorado) - March 5, 2005
In addition, Active.com works with more than 250 winter sports organizations, offering online membership and race registration for 500 of the country's largest winter events.
Major clients include Eastern Freestyle Skiing (www.eastfree.org), American Cross Country Skiers (www.xcskiworld.com), the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association (www.ussa.org), the New York State Ski Racing Association (www.nyssra.org), and Burton and the 2004 Philips U.S. Open Snowboard Championships (www.usopen-snowboarding.com/).
For more information, visit www.active.com/winter_runderland or call (888) 543-7223.
Active.com (www.active.com), part of The Active Network, Inc., provides one of the Web's best resources to find, learn about and register online for participatory events and activities. Participants can search Active.com's extensive online database and find events in more than 50 sports, in cities nationwide, throughout the year. Participants can also access exercise, nutrition and health information to help maintain fitness goals. Event organizers can benefit from Active.com's one-stop event management services, including online registration and donation processing, data management, and event promotion. Other Active.com products and services include ActiveAdvantage, a customized membership benefits program for active lifestyles; and TrainingPeaks.com, effective, interactive online training programs to track training progress online. For more information, visit www.active.com.