SAN DIEGO, CA - June 27, 2006 - Cycling fans can once again turn to Active.com (www.active.com/tourdefrance2006) for comprehensive online Tour de France coverage. Active.com's special site launches today and includes daily video clips, stage updates, news and photos. The site is also offering gear and equipment giveaways, a daily e-newsletter, discounted online training plans for cyclists and a contest to win a trip to next year's Tour.
Active.com's 7th annual Tour de France coverage offers fans the following features:
- Daily video clips on Active.com/Cervélo TV, featuring interviews with Tour contenders, an insider look at the course and insight on this year's Tour
- Coverage and commentary from VeloNews, the international news source for competitive cycling
- "The Daily Tour" e-newsletter with stage updates and highlights from VeloNews and Active.com
- 20 percent off Active Trainer online training plans (www.ActiveTrainer.com) from Chris Carmichael, personal coach to seven-time Tour de France Champion Lance Armstrong
- Blogs from Carmichael and Martin Dugard, the New York Times best-selling author of Chasing Lance, offering a behind-the-scenes look at Tour de France life
- Four day/three night luxury trip for two to Paris for the Tour de France 2007 from Velo Echappé Sports International, an "Officially Licensed Tour Operator for the Tour de France." Includes roundtrip airfare and four-star accommodations (Retail: $4,990 US)
- Prizes from Cervélo Cycles, including three Cervélo Soloist Carbon frames - the same carbon fiber machine used by Team CSC and Tour contender Ivan Basso (Retail for each: $2,999 US)
- Pearl Izumi prize package, including Octane cycling shoes (Retail: $400 US); Microsensor 3D Pro short (Retail: $140 US); Pearl Izumi team jersey (Retail: $75 US); and OpTik jacket (Retail: $65 US)
- Five Polar CS200cad wireless cycling computers that measure speed, cadence and heart rate and link directly to a PC (Retail: $159.95 US)
- Daily giveaway for a pair of Specialized Helix Glasses, featuring the new Adaptalite Lens that adjusts to existing light conditions by darkening or lightening automatically (Retail: $140 US)
- Daily giveaway for a $25 gift certificate from Performance Bicycles, America's largest bicycle store
Active.com will host coverage of the Tour, which runs from July 1 through July 23, at www.active.com/tourdefrance2006. Active.com (www.Active.com), a leading online community for active lifestyles and a Web property of San Diego, Calif.-based The Active Network, Inc., provides one of the best resources to find, learn about and register online for participatory events and activities.
Shelly Burnside, The Active Network
email@example.com or 858-964-3813