Most YMCA programs, after-school classes or endurance events have a wide range of content—everything from FAQs, tutorial videos, evergreen content or even a “spotlight” of the week.
If you’re looking to organize your content and make it readily accessible to your participants, consider Linktree. Most programs have a website, but websites are challenging to navigate and often cumbersome to find the information you’re searching for.
What Is Linktree?
Instagram is known as one of the top and most influential social networks. However, one of the drawbacks of this platform has been the inability to put functional links post captions. You only get one active link, and that’s in your bio.
With only one link available to you, it’s not easy to ensure followers are getting to your most essential content.
Introduced three years ago by those looking for a solution to add more links, Linktree is a popular link-in-bio tool that allows users to create a free landing page that houses all your desired links, which you can then place in your Instagram profile.
It’s a great method to bypass the one-link limit by steering your audience to a landing page filled with multiple links. It’s also a stylish and neat solution.
Examples of Linktree Links:
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Program or event registration
- Tutorials/how-to guides
- Google reviews
- PDFs: coloring sheets, games or guides for participants
- Embedded videos: tutorials, inspiring stories and testimonials
- Social media sites: LinkedIn, SoundCloud, WhatsApp contact number, email or Pinterest link
If your camp, class, YMCA or endurance event has a social media platform on Instagram, it’s time for a Linktree page.
Tips for Optimizing Linktree
You don’t need to be an Instagram influencer to optimize Linktree and follow best practices. The following tips will help set your program or event apart, as well as engage your audience. There’s a free version, or you can go pro for about $6 a month.
Pick a Palette: colors from your logo and background image/theme that represent your program or event.
Use Social Icons: (available in Pro) ensures your audience grows on every social media platform, not just Instagram.
Use a Wide Variety of Links, Such as:
- Reactivate your registration (great for YMCA)
- Registration form
- Donate button—Instagram posts are visually appealing, often inspiring people to instantly donate. Make it easier for a potential donor with one click
- Your store: Do you sell online merchandise? Sometimes it’s challenging to find your program or event’s online store on the website. Make it easier for your followers to check out your merch and other offerings.
- Newsletter: People often want to read a newsletter before deciding whether or not they want to subscribe. Give them an instant glimpse of your newsletter content, as well as a place to sign up if interested.
Be Creative in Describing Your Links: Consider the way you describe or name your links. How do you persuade followers to click on that link? You can either be very direct (Reactivate Your Registration), practical (Five Steps for the Perfect Warm-up) or quirky (Banana Boats, S’Mores and Whoopie Pies All Use What Ingredient?).
Use Priority Links: (available in Pro) Priority links draw your audience to the content that matters the most to you.
Need help getting the word out about your programs? ACTIVE's digital marketing agency has over 20+ years of experience. Click here to learn how ACTIVE can help you get your message in front of the right people.