One of our biggest YMCA customers, Greater San Antonio, is migrating from Class® software to ACTIVE Net™. I know, I know. What's the big deal, right? A customer is switching from one of our software systems to another. Although the move itself may not directly impact you today, it speaks to a much more important trend across the YMCA industry: YMCAs are moving to the cloud.
SEE ALSO: 10 Important Software Terms Defined for Recreation Professionals
Why San Antonio, and YMCAs in general, are moving to the cloud:
- Front-office staff increases accessibility: Cloud software (ACTIVE Net™) can be accessed from any computer through a secure internet login, as opposed to desktop software (Class®) that can only be used on the computers where installed. This helps staff because they can work from home, from an iPad on the field or anywhere else.
- IT saves time and money: Liesien Benet, Vice President of IT at the YMCA of Greater San Antonio said, "With ACTIVE Net™, our IT staff won’t have to spend the time maintaining database servers, worrying about PCI compliance or purchasing additional hardware."
- ACTIVE Net™ (and the cloud) matches a member-centric culture: Greater San Antonio YMCA has 50,000 members and needed a technology solution to better engage with them. With social media tools, email marketing, a 360 view of the member and more, the Y now has a system to match their goals.
Click here to read the full press release.Interested in learning more? Here are some other resources to check out:
- See ACTIVE Net™ in action at Odessa YMCA
- Read more about cloud computing here on our blog
- Learn more about our software solutions for YMCAs
- Find more YMCA resources and articles here